Hof van Busleyden
This location is not bookable until end of September 2023.
Since opening in 2018, visitors to Museum Hof van Busleyden in Mechelen have been able to relive the prosperous period in the sixteenth century when Mechelen was under the rule of the Dukes of Burgundy and the city was the capital of the Burgundian Netherlands. Humanists like Hiëronymus van Busleyden, Thomas More and Erasmus would meet in this stately mansion adorned with precious artworks and other beautiful collector’s items to discuss the rapidly changing world and exchange views about society. Encounter and interaction. Social involvement. Art, culture and imagination as driving forces. All characteristics of Museum Hof van Busleyden to this day.
For an unforgettable corporate event tailored to your requirements, where better to receive your guests than in the Dodoens Room, named after the Mechelen botanist Rembert Dodoens? If you’re looking to pull out all the stops, why not consider an after-hours guided tour of the museum combined with a festive reception or buffet supper.
We regret that the Dodoens Room is not available for private functions, birthday parties, weddings and the like.
Number of rooms: 1
Max. number of people in largest room: 150
Max. number of people for catering (seated): 50
Max. number of people for receptions: 150
Closed on wednesday
Distance to Grote Markt: 400 m
- Centrally located in Flanders, mid-way between Antwerp and Brussels
- Very easy to reach by car, train or plane
- Compact and lively city centre steeped in history and fascinating stories
- Surrounded by green parks and blue rivers
- Perfect for small and medium-sized meetings, meetcentives, exhibitions and other functions
Why Meet in Mechelen?
- Free and objective, tailor-made advice
- Thorough and up-to-the minute knowledge of what is available
- Your guide to original locations